Wed, 09 Mar|
Intro to Fundraising for Churches and Religious Organisations
The changing world has made it more challenging for churches to raise money. This workshop will introduce the basics of fundraising, discuss how you can refresh your traditional fundraising methods and look at new income streams for your church.
Time & Location
09 Mar 2022, 19:30 – 21:30
About the Programme
A reduction in the number of people contributing their dues to their church, alongside fewer numbers able to attend services in recent years and less people carrying cash has meant churches are operating on less income with, in a lot of cases, increased costs of maintanence and operations.
This workshop is aimed at helping you begin to reverse that trend.
We will cover the basics of fundraising:
- Understanding what you are fundraising for and why somebody should give you money.
- How to ask for money - If you don't ask people will not give
- Developing donor relationships - Keeping records, sending thank yous etc.
We will also cover the wide variety of fundraising methods you could possibly use, as well as how to refresh those that you're already using.
- Community Fundraising - events, coffee mornings, school fundraisers
- Individual Giving - Christmas, Easter dues etc - How can we make this more effective, maximising weekly donations
- Online fundraising - Mass cards, donations during mass broadcasts
- Corporate fundraising - Knowing your parishioners and where they work
- Major Donors
- Legacies - Beginning Conversations
The workshop will be delivered by:
Kevin Delaney a vastly experienced fundraising coach and practitioner who has been teaching fundraising and nonprofit leadership in Ireland and beyond for over a decade. He is the co founder of Academy Street Workshop a specialist nonprofit agency focused on helping organisations achieve their goals.
This workshop is being presented by Academy Street Workshop, a leading nonprofit training provider and consultancy, and RPD Ltd, a provider of printed church fundraising materials (dues envelopes, calendars and more)